HR Department is searching for a qualified professional to take up the post of HR Advisor.
The candidate will be required to handle functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including recruitment and selection, onboarding of new staff, remuneration, leave and employee relations, staff records management, staff separation management, implementation of policies and procedures and driving the performance and learning culture as aligned with the people agenda and business’ strategic direction
- Operationalise the business strategy into a people strategy and ensure that workforce plans are embedded with relevant analytics and insights
- Facilitate end to end performance management cycle across all functions while ensuring functional and individual objectives are aligned to strategic focus areas.
- Assist in the management of poor performance, advising on solutions and assisting with their implementation
- Empower line managers to undertake people management responsibilities.
- Support and participates in major and HR Projects.
- Takes ownership of resourcing planning and delivery for Management teams and their staff.
- Management of staff acquisition process including sourcing, interviewing, and onboarding
- Implement the learning and development strategy.
- Support on talent reviews, succession planning activities and talent and capability development.
- Identify capability gaps and define talent pools in conjunction with Management teams.
- Delivers Leadership and Learning programmes via specialists, specifies internal capabilities gaps and ensures relevant assessments, development, and coaching in place.
- Ensures effective employee engagement for the Business Unit in conjunction with the
- functional Leaders, supporting the HR Operations planning and service quality management.
- Ensure the implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Implementation of Staff Compensation and Rewards processes
- Maintain the employee Management Information System
- Coordinating the staff separation processes and related separation actions
- Administration of staff welfare benefits employee relations.
- Coordinate the provision of staff welfare (e.g. Insurance, Medical & Pension)
- Work closely with line managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale while enhancing productivity and retention.
- Ensure the operational aspects of payroll processing and associated activities, including salary disbursement, recoveries, leave management and reporting are accurate and delivered within appropriate timeframes and in compliance with relevant rules and
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Record Keeping – Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Performs other assigned tasks within the overall scope of his/her role.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a postgraduate HR qualification.
- Membership of a professional HR association
- 5 years of professional experience in a HR function.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated person with the ability to interact at all levels;
- Be highly ethical & detail orientated.
- Demonstrated strong HR acumen in a fast-growing organisation
- Good understanding of Kenya labour laws, standards, and legal requirements.
Visit the Absa career website to apply ( https://www.absa.africa/absaafrica/careers/), applications should be received no later than 13th June 2022. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.