- This policy covers the employees of the insured for bodily injury by an accident or disease arising out of and in the course of his employment directly related to negligence or breach of common law or a statutory duty by the employer.
- The policy indemnifies the insured against legal liability under common law in respect of the following
- damages and claimants costs
- expenses of litigation
- all costs incurred with the consent of the insurer
- Damage and claimants costs
- Expenses of litigation
- All costs incurred with the consent of the insurer
1. Is premium paid at the time of claim?
No. premium is paid at inception of cover.
2. What does employers’ liability insurance cover?
The policy covers the employer’s business in the event of a claim from an employee for an injury or illness suffered as a result of their work where the employer is found negligent.
Employers’ liability insurance covers the cost of settling and defending the claim, including compensation pay-outs and legal fees should the case go to court due to a breach of regulation or statute.