First Auto Motor Insurance
This policy covers loss or damage to the vehicle and its accessories including legal liability to third parties and passengers in respect of death or bodily injury arising from the use of the motor vehicle. The following risks are covered:
- Accidental damage
- Riot and strikes
- Special perils which include flood ,typhoon, hurricane, earthquake and volcanic eruption
AUTO MOTOR INSURANCE CALCULATOR
- Windscreen limit KES 30,000
- Radio cassette limit KES 30,000
- Emergency medical expenses limit KES 30,000
- Third party property damage KES 5,000,000
- Passenger liability limit KES 3 million per person and KES 20 million per event
- Towing /recovery charges KES 30,000
- Death or bodily injury to third party persons
- Legal cost incurred with the consent of the insurer.
- Loss or damage when vehicle is in custody of a motor trader
Third Party Only(TPO)This category provides compensation to people who have been injured or had their property damaged by the insured vehicle. It does not compensate the driver and passengers of the insured vehicle. The law requires all vehicles to have at least this type of insurance as it provides financial compensation to the general public in case of losses caused by motorists.
Third Party, Fire and TheftThis category provides all the coverage available under TPO as well as:
- Repair of the insured vehicle in case of damage due to a fire
- Payment by the insurance company to the client for replacement of an insured vehicle that has either been stolen or damaged by fire to the extent that it is uneconomical to repair.
- Limited reimbursement for the cost of towing the insured vehicle to a place of safety after an accident.
Comprehensive insuranceThis type of cover provides the widest range of protection including all the coverage available under TPFT as well as:
- Repair of the insured vehicle in case of damage due to an accident, impact etc.
- Payment by the insurance company to the client for replacement of an insured vehicle that has been stolen or damaged to the extent that it is uneconomical to repair.
- Limited reimbursement for medical expenses incurred by the driver and passengers in the insured vehicle in case of an accident.
- Difference between comprehensive and Third Party?
- Comprehensive covers the vehicle against accidents , theft and liability while Third party covers liability only.
- Is the driver covered by motor insurance?
- No they need to take a personal accident cover.
- If the loss was caused by the driver being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- If a vehicle has been used by the insured (or with the authority of the insured) for a purpose other than that specified in the proposal form and policy document. This means that if a vehicle is used for a purpose different from use stated on the proposal form at any time during the policy period, the insurance contract is null and void and no claims will be paid against that policy regardless of the use of the vehicle at the time of the accident or theft.
- If the vehicle is driven by someone who is not legally licensed to operate that type of motor vehicle.
- Motor claim form
- Copy of valid driver’s license of the person driving the car at the time of the accident
- Original police abstract –Please note that the Kenya Police requires all accidents to be reported and recorded in the occurrence book (OB) within 24 hours of the happening of the accident.