Machines are very expensive and most losses in machines are usually very costly.
Cover for machinery therefore makes the financial risks involved to become more manageable
Machinery Breakdown insurance is an accident cover for Machinery, which provides against unforeseen and sudden physical loss or damage to the Insured machinery.
The cover applies after successful completion of the initial performance test at the end of the erection process. This cover is available: –
– While the machine is working or at rest,
– During dismantling and Re-assembling, and
– During shifting on the insured’s premises for the purpose of cleaning or overhauling operations
*By its very nature, Machinery insurance is all risks insurance for machinery, supplementing the coverage afforded by Fire insurance.
Breakdown means any sudden and unforeseen loss or damage (except as may be hereinafter excluded) and includes loss or damage resulting from: –
– Careless incompetent or negligent acts of employees or third parties.
– Structural defects, material defects or defects of design or assembly.
– Fortuitous working accidents such as vibration, maladjustment, loosening of parts, abnormal stresses, molecular fatigue, centrifugal force, excessive speed of defective or accidental lack of lubrication, seizure, water, hammer, or local overheating (except in the case of boilers or similar plant when followed by explosion) failure of or faults in protection devices.
– Falling, impact, collision or similar occurrences obstruction or the entry of foreign bodies
– Storm, frost, or drifting ice.
– The effects of electric current following excessive or insufficient voltage, failure of insulation, short-circuits, open circuits or arcing or the effect of static electricity.
First Assurance House,
Gitanga Road, Lavington